Spotlight: Anemone Flowers
Nothing says early spring like these striking dark centered beauties! Here are 5 facts that maybe you didn’t know about them!
- There are more than 120 different species of anemones
- Anemone gets its name from “anemos”, the Greek word for wind. They’re also known as Wind Flowers!
- According to Greek mythology, an anemone flower sprang up from Aphrodite’s tears as she mourned the death of Adonis
- The most common anemone flower color is white!
- Anemones symbolize anticipation, because they close up at night and open in the morning!